Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Why you should keep track of and organize your work files

Since I began as an intern at AdAdapted (less than a month ago), I have learned very quickly the importance of keeping my files organized.  So far, I have sent 138 emails to 42 companies (some companies had more contacts than others), and I have achieved a response rate of 2.17.  This equates to 3 responses from 3 different companies that I reached out to.

I would not have these figures if I hadn’t spent an hour searching for all the csv files for my email campaigns.  The only problem is the fact that it took me an hour to retrieve all the data I needed!  Seems like I wasted time.

The point I am trying to make here, or the moral of the story, is that you should organize day by day to avoid adding an hour of busy work to your already-busy schedule.  In this scenario, I needed to create a new spreadsheet to consolidate all of my outreach stats and info.  Had I kept it consolidated from the start, this wouldn’t be an issue.


Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment