Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Branding yourself when you are an introvert

For me, networking, or planning to meet a stranger to find ways to benefit each other, seems daunting.  I used to be an extrovert, expressing myself all the time with no real reason.  Now that I am older, I consider myself to be reserved to the point of introversion.  Not to say I don't like talking to people anymore, I just don't like talking without adding value to a conversation, (whether the value is for me, the other party, or both).

This puts me in a pickle because I don't prefer meeting people in such an organized manner, but I need to meet more people to progress myself further in my career.

I believe that this all starts with establishing your definite chief aim in life (a little tip from Napoleon Hill).  Personally, I do not know what this is, but I've narrowed it down to a few options:
1) Strive to be an entrepreneur
2) Become a marketing/business operation efficiency consultant
3) Work at a marketing firm/advertising agency

One of the main reasons I am interning is to learn more about all three of the above.  I've learned that letting the gurus know what your aim is will lead to a clearer career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment