Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Using Excel Features to Optimize Efficiency (advice appreciated!)


As an app relations associate, it’s my duty to seek out and reach out to relevant app publishers that may be a good fit for AdAdapted to partner with.  Excel is a very useful tool for keeping track of prospects, lead generation...hell, basically the whole sales process. 

Over time, I include the following fields by default (in regard to email marketing)
·       Contact name
·       Company name
·       Email address
(to name a few)

I have started to gather additional info that is relevant for our salespeople to know
·       Contact title – are they a COO or CMO? Helpdesk?
·       # of app reviews/review score
·       Type of app (recipe, shopping list, loyalty cards, etc.)

Here’s where I could use some help
·       Learning more hotkeys that make a difference (ctrl+x/c/v/z/r has helped me tremendously so far…on Windows OS)
·       Unique values – I would like to build master list with ALL company/app information but spit out specific information to separate sheets (ex. Company, app, client name and email are extracted from master list and placed into a separate sheets)
·       I need a unique way to track activities!  - I would like to keep records of all contact history.  I know this is standard with a lot of CRM software but I would like to find a way to do this on my own
·      Pivot tables – I believe I created one here:
              


^I would like to automatically track this information in weekly intervals as well as automatically track # of company’s reached out to (touched)


Ultimately, my goal is to continuously improve the efficiency of our prospecting process using Excel.  I understand that I can find tutorial videos on Excel functions and features but currently, I am unsure of which videos to pursue!  I am receptive to any advice/angle and I would greatly appreciate yours.  Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment